Location: This position is based in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea – partial remote or FIFO may also be considered based on applicant experience.
Work Hours: Full-time. Weekends and holidays as required.
Salary Package: Commensurate with applicant experience. Eligible for Employee Share Scheme.
Transport/Accommodation: Negotiable as part of package.
Reporting: You will report directly to NiuPay’s Chief Technology Officer.
Applications: Please send your application, with accompanying cover letter, to [email protected]
Handy Hint: We value real-world experience above all else. If you’ve completed a small project, yet solved big challenges, we want to know about it in your application.
NiuPay Limited is seeking a confident Product Owner ready to own the design, development, and implementation of our cloud-based business tools.
As the Product Owner, you will utilise your planning, leadership, and technical skills to deliver solutions and guide our customers to achieve their goals. Your job is to deliver and innovate amazing products that delight customers. You are always looking for ways to improve a product or service to make it better, faster, and more user-friendly. A single goal of transforming how a business operates by using cutting-edge cloud tools and technologies.
To be successful in this role, you should have a high level of knowledge in both software development and business systems.
The Product Owner will plan and manage, end-to-end, medium-to-large, products of moderate-to-heavy complexity to ensure results contribute to positive business value and meet agreed scope, cost, schedule, and quality objectives utilising multiple delivery approaches, including Agile-Kanban.
You will feel at ease working across multiple industry sectors, management tools, channels, inboxes, and individual heads to centrally own and manage statements of work, priorities, deadlines, stakeholders, and change requests, all relating to the efficient delivery of our cloud-based products to new and existing customers who are looking to go live with features as quickly as possible, and where the speed of implementation needs to be balanced with quality and attention to detail.
- love working with customers, and you have an innate ability to interpret and translate customer needs and wants, and to deliver those products
- strive to provide extraordinary products and services
- engage all resources, internal and external, to research and create solutions
- love taking on tough, complex problems and creating innovative designs and solutions. No project is too big, and no detail is too small
- not get too stressed out when you must juggle many balls at the same time
- love talking and working with people from all over the world
- not be afraid of technology, or to learn new things or new ways of doing business
- understand the upstream and downstream impact from application architecture and design through to application configuration and business process workflows
- have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- love to learn by experimenting with the latest project management methodologies and/or tools
- get excited about helping organisations achieve their goals through the implementation of world-class software
- be serious about delivering amazing projects and take great pride in your work
Skills & experience
- 4+ Years of product management experience (or equivalent)
- Highly developed communication, management, and consultation skills with a range of internal and external key stakeholders and clients
- Technical prowess – you are proficient in system architecture, integration and client/ server to web and cloud technologies
- Strong presentation skills
- Experience with cloud-based business platforms (or similar) and mission-critical workloads
- Sound technical understanding of software development and business processes – deep generalist preferred
- Demonstrated ability to take strong, decisive action in response to changing business conditions and/or schedule modifications
- Strong Agile/Kanban workflow experience (or similar methodologies)
- Team player – you are the decision maker, coordinator, go between and referee
- Experience using cloud-based project tooling (e.g., Jira, Monday, or similar)
Highly valued, but not essential
- Experience using GitHub, Figma, Adobe, Slack, or other management/creative products
- Experience working with Government and large State-Owned-Enterprise customers
- Knowledge of AWS products/services
- Serve as a product expert, product evangelist and the voice of the customer
- Work with customers and focus groups to identify product enhancements and consolidate input
- Work with the sales, support, and development teams to identify and document user stories and requirements
- Develop and maintain a prioritised list of customer and market requirements for the product
- Lead product design, write user stories and detailed requirements.
- Manage and make the product backlog, or the prioritised list of requirements for future product development
- Apply your expertise to analyse and better understand how users interact with our products
- Define and quantify the impact of new products and/or features being considered for inclusion in a product release
- Define and drive functional and technical strategy and product roadmaps.
- Organise software design reviews and code reviews (no, you don’t need to be a developer!)
- Develop in-depth knowledge of competitor products, identify, and maintain competitive strengths and weaknesses
- Develop sales and product collateral as well as go-to-market and launch materials.
- Assist in product testing, analysis, and diagnosis
- Document procedures, standards, best practices, configuration settings and sequences
- Conduct client workflow reviews, define the project scope and objectives, ensure all relevant stakeholders are involved in the plan, and proactively identify potential issues with the technical feasibility of client’s requirements
- Define, manage, and own internal business processes and team structure to ensure the success of each product. Including the implementation of appropriate management tools
- Act as the bridge between commercial and technical teams – be embedded within the delivery teams, UX, and engineering to make trade-offs. Steward the delivery process, close gaps in requirements
- Manage cross disciplinary team members to make sure that all parties are on track with project requirements, deadlines, and schedules (local and remote)
- Assist in the hiring, selection, and formation of product teams
The role of Product Owner is a senior, mission-critical position. Applicants will only be considered who are willing to:
- Work weekends and holidays as required;
- Be available on an on-call basis after-hours; and
- Travel internationally when required.
Please send your application, with accompanying cover letter, to [email protected]