Position:AWS Cloud Engineer
Location: 100% remote, work-from-anywhere. Occasional travel (to our head office in Port Moresby, Papua new Guinea) may be required.
Work Hours: Full-time (flexible working times). Weekends and holidays as required.
Salary Package: Commensurate with applicant experience. Eligible for Employee Share Option Scheme.
Transport/Accommodation: Negotiable as part of package.
Reporting: You will report directly to the NiuPay Chief Technology Officer.
Applications: Please submit your application to [email protected]
Handy Hint: We value real-world experience and quality of work above all else. If you’ve completed a small project using AWS, yet solved big problems, we want to know about it in your application!
We’re looking for a passionate cloud engineer who loves working with public cloud and architecting, implementing, and maintaining a diverse set of AWS stacks that form the foundation of our cloud-native SaaS and BPaaS solutions. You will be responsible for cloud policies, compliance, security and governance. You will feel right at home managing infrastructure through code and implementing automated workflows.
This role is most suitable to someone wanting to take ownership of cloud operations and is able to confidently articulate ideas and implement solutions based on broader company strategy and policy.
- Thrive in a remote working environment – you are self motivated and can work autonomously.
- Want to be a senior member of a rapidly growing business.
- Like to take ownership over everything in your ‘wheelhouse’.
- Have strong initiative and can think through complex problems.
- Have excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Love to learn by experimenting with the latest technologies and solutions.
- Get excited to test new products, features or new architectural changes.
- Are serious about delivering amazing projects which millions of citizens in the South Pacific rely upon in their day-to-day lives.
- Understand the importance of discretion and security in relation to confidential workloads.
Skills & experience
- AWS certification such as DevOps Engineer, Solutions Architect or similar (or demonstratable experience of an equivalent nature).
- 3+ Years experience implementing and administering robust and scalable AWS cloud environments.
- Experience with a variety of AWS services including:
- Compute/Containerisation/Orchestration: EC2, ECS, ECR, Fargate and CloudFormation.
- Analytics/Discovery/Streams: Kinesis, Athena, Glue, Quicksight, or similar.
- Database/Storage: RDS, Aurora, ElastiCache, S3, EBS and EFS.
- Management/Visibility/Security: CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Organisations, SSO, IAM, WAF, Inspector, GuardDuty, Secrets Manager, KMS, SHIELD, Macie and Certificate Manager.
- Networking: VPC, ELB, Route 53, CloudFront and Site-to-Site VPN.
- Build: CodePipeline, CodeDeploy and CodeBuild.
- Other: SES and Workmail.
- implementing DR strategies for client-specific RTOs and RPOs (e.g., active-active and pilot light, multi-region, multi-zone, etc.).
- handling highly sensitive data (e.g., payment/financial data, Government workloads, biographical data, or similar).
- implementing DevSecOps and CI/CD strategies – including the use/integration of third-party tooling such as; OpsGenie, Snyk, Intruder, nOps, GitHub, Docker, New Relic, Docker and Terraform (or similar).
- implementing hybrid cloud architecture (e.g., Site-to-Site VPN or similar) through the use of AWS or third-party tools such as Spectral Core.
- managing containerised applications and hardening of OS environments (e.g., Alpine Linux optimisation).
- Must have a mindset of “automating everything” with demonstrated experience delivering such automation.
- Solid background in Linux/Unix and Windows server system administration.
- Design, implement and securely manage a variety of AWS stacks.
- Design and maintain AWS infrastructure in accordance with appropriate industry standards/frameworks such as IRAP, PCI DSS, CIS, SOC, ISO2700X and AWS Well-Architected (as applicable to the cloud and each customer).
- Provide advice on technical aspects of system development and integration (including requests for changes, deviations from specifications, etc.) and ensure relevant technical strategies, policies, standards and practices are applied correctly.
- Engage regularly with technology vendors and utilise available research services to remain abreast of market activities, and to educate business representatives around technology direction.
- Liaise regularly with product delivery teams to design, provision, deploy, monitor and continuously improve our development, staging and production environments, pipelines, and processes (DevSecOps methodology, as applicable to the role).
- Automate and/or streamline existing/new cloud operation processes where possible (Infrastructure-as-Code).
- Manage and resolve conflicts between short term project imperatives with alignment to strategic intent and performance drivers, ensuring tactical solutions have a defined/agreed plan for remediation into a strategically aligned solution.
- Publish documents/guides into our operational repository – this includes runbooks/playbooks, disaster recovery, procedures and the like.
- Attend (virtual or in person) any relevant seminars or training courses related to ongoing knowledge/personal development.
- Take part in client-facing meetings as required for solution design, implementation, troubleshooting or optimisation. International travel may be required.
Highly valued... but not essential
- Experience with:
- Legacy databases (such as Oracle 9i) and aged datasets.
AWS Machine Learning products including Transcribe, SageMaker, or similar.
- Re-platforming/migration of traditional on-premises applications through the use of AWS tools/services.
- Key-value (non-relational) database architecture such as AWS DynamoDB.
- Immutable database solutions such as AWS QLDB.
- Legacy databases (such as Oracle 9i) and aged datasets.
Please send your application, with accompanying cover letter, [email protected]