Position:Application Training Specialist
Location: This position is based in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea – remote candidates will not be considered
Work Hours: Full-time (Weekends and public holidays as required by training schedules)
Salary Package: Commensurate with applicant experience.
Transport/Accommodation: Negotiable as part of package.
Reporting: You will report directly to NiuPay’s Chief Technology Officer.
Applications: Please send your application, with accompanying cover letter, to [email protected]
Handy Hint: We value real-world experience above all else. If you’ve completed a small project, yet solved big challenges, we want to know about it in your application.
As a bright, motivated, and outgoing Training Specialist, you will be responsible for coordinating and training end-users on various NiuPay cloud platforms. You will be right at home building relationships, identifying training requirements and customer goals, performing user research, recommending new technology for the delivery of training and leading training workshops in conjunction with managing a small team of dedicated trainers.
In essence, you will architect and own the various NiuPay training programmes required to ensure our customers are optimising the use of our solutions in their day-to-day business processes.
If you’re outside of Port Moresby, you’d be willing to relocate, and:
- is passionate about helping people understand software
- enjoys training and teaching others
- makes explaining a new technology solution sound easy
- loves technology and, in specific, cloud business systems
- possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- able to juggle multiple competing priorities without sacrificing work quality
Skills & experience
- 3+ Years of experience in a client-facing training role (or equivalent), preferably in the enterprise software industry
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, particularly as it relates to explaining both simple and complex technical concepts to non-technical users
- Excellent project management and organisation skills
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through abilities along with the capability to multi-task and set their own priorities/objectives
- Proven training delivery experience facilitating and leading live in-person and virtual classrooms (knowledge of a variety of course development and delivery tools and methodologies)
- Proven successful curriculum and training programme development (strong knowledge of instructional design practices and principles)
- Experience working in team environments
- Proven ability to understand complex software applications
- Experience working with users to understand how they use applications to better create training materials
- Manage the overall training calendar. Provide timely communication to customers regarding scheduling and necessary training requirements
- Provide recommendations for system enhancements based on platform telemetry
- Develop and provide change-management programmes for Public Sector personnel
- Track deployment readiness, and conduct site readiness exercises prior to certain project milestones
- Identify and clear technical, competitive, architectural, and security blockers to accelerate customer usage
- Assist customers in testing/validating working environments
- Engage with enterprise customers to demonstrate how NiuPay technology (e.g., online payments) can enable digital transformations and increase functionality and efficiency or work
- Adjust training in response to customer goals and feedback
- Deliver train-the-trainer programmes to support and enable end user customer training rollout
- Incorporate training techniques, consistently, that keep users engaged
- Work with the project team to proactively anticipate, identify, and communicate issues, risks, escalations, timelines, and delays to ensure an exceptional customer experience and successful implementation
- Test and document new NiuPay offerings
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of NiuPay’s entire product offerings, including product-value outcomes
- Provide feedback directly to the product team regarding workflows and platform features
- Support customer change management, training, and knowledge transfer throughout the entire relationship
- Prepare guidance and direction to less experienced trainers by utilising strong technical and training skills
- Manage a small team of trainers to assist you in delivering training programmes
- Establish professional brand using social media tools (e.g., LinkedIn)
Please send your application, with accompanying cover letter, to [email protected]